Today we launch our new Strategic Plan for 2020-2023.
This plan supersedes our previous Strategic Plan 2017-2020, and has been developed following widespread consultation with our member organisations right across the NT. We thank our members for their insights and feedback, which were invaluable for the development of this plan.
Since 1992, NT Shelter has proudly represented a range of organisations and individuals committed to improved housing outcomes across the Northern Territory. With Territorians experiencing homelessness at a rate 12 times the national average, there is still much to be done to ensure appropriate and affordable housing for ALL people of the Northern Territory. This Strategic Plan outlines our strategic objectives over the coming three years to achieve this vision, underpinned by the following principles:
- We remind all that housing is a human right
- We work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- We have a Territory-wide focus
- We promote consumer rights
- We are a strong voice for all our members
- We support the right of Aboriginal communities to regain control of their housing
We look forward to working with all members and stakeholders over the coming years to achieve our vision: Appropriate and affordable housing for ALL people of the Northern Territory.