Despite being unwell, we were delighted to have Minister Worden online to provide an address to the NT Shelter AGM on Tuesday 9 November 2021. Announcements and topics covered included:
- The release of an Expression of Interest for a community housing provider/not for profit to provide asset and tenancy management for John Stokes Square in Nightcliff;
- The intention to redevelop Shiers Street in The Narrows, as the Government’s next urban housing project;
- An update on discussions with the Commonwealth Government over a potential new visitor park development for Darwin;
- A proposed review of the Housing Act, including its relationship with the Residential Tenancies Act for public housing tenants;
- A “stay tuned” message for the recent announcements from the mid-year budget process; and
- The development of a sector-led Industry Development Plan for the Community Housing Sector – see our December newsletter for more information on this.
If you weren’t able to attend the AGM, you can listen to her remarks here.