We’ve added nine new listings to ShelterMe, the online directory of services for Territorians at risk of or experiencing homelessness. These new listings feature a diverse range of programs across Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Services Central Australia (Alice Springs): Provides treatment for drug, tobacco and alcohol issues to the Central Australian area.
- Post Release Supported Accommodation Program (Darwin/Palmerston): The program provides transitional accommodation and reintegration support services to eligible male prisoners and offenders who are experiencing issues with housing and homelessness.
- Partners in Recovery (Darwin + Katherine): Partners in Recovery supports the carers and families of people with complex needs and persistent mental health issues as well as the individuals themselves.
- Emergency Relief Funds (Darwin): We help people in financial crisis by providing financial and material aid and we connect them with support services to build financial resilience and help address the underlying causes of the crisis.
- Café One (Darwin): The Café One program aims to provide a safe and supportive environment to empower and support young people aged 16 to 24 years who are disengaged from schooling, homeless or at risk of homelessness or experiencing disadvantage by providing employment training.
- Suicide Prevention Program (Katherine + Remote Top End): The aim of the Suicide Prevention Program (SPP) is to improve outcomes for people at risk of suicide by developing and promoting suicide prevention activities with specific at-risk communities.
- Katherine Elders Visiting Program (Katherine): The Elders Visiting program provides an opportunity for Elders to participate in, and promote more community involvement / input into a prisoner’s preparation for release.
- Supported Independent Living (Darwin + Palmerston): Full time person-centred support and accommodation to enable people with a disability to access and enjoy a safe, comfortable and fulfilling life in their home and in the community.
- Short Term Accommodation (Darwin + Palmerston):For children and adults with disabilities and high support needs to have short periods of time in a home setting with peers and support staff.